Minor Week-end Sports

Varsity, Freshman Swordsmen Win in Close Matches

Chances for a victory over the Navy grapplers appear to be a toss-up, according to Coach Pat Johnson on the eve of the major contest at Annapolis tomorrow. Hanging in the balance are the outcomes of the heavyweight matches, topped by that in the unlimited class, in which Bill Glendinning will fight Player of the Middles.

Handicapped by the absence of Harvey Ross, ace 118-pound wrestler, Crimson lightweights have had to move down a peg, Petronik taking Ach's place in the 126-pound class. Still bitter over the 23-11 defeat which they suffered at Princeton's hands last Saturday, the matmen hope to make a comeback by crushing Navy, recently fattened out by Penn State, 30-0.

Glendinning, undefeated heavyweight in two years of Varsity wrestling, and Lorrin Woodman will face the toughest conflicts. The 155, 165, and 175-pound clashes will also be as hard as any encountered this season.

Almost sure to win over a mediocre Exeter team, the Freshman matmen, used by newly elected Captain Pete Illman, hope to avenge their 15-9 defeat by Andover last Wednesday. Best lights of the contest at Exeter will be between Lewis and Captain Lacy of Exeter in the 175-pound division, and Illman and Stewart in the 155. The Schoolboys, smothered by Milton recently, won a major victory over Governor Dummer over a week ago.

The probable lineups: HARVARD  NAVY Ach  118-pound  Chandler Potrenik  126-pound  Rogers Lindenfelser  135-pound  Kleiss Cavin  145-pound  Merryman Woodman  155-pound  Mann Harkness  175-pound  Smith Armstrong  105-pound  Carson Glendinning  Heavy  Player