FOUR TRACKSTERS WILL RACE IN POWERFUL FIELD IN ANNUAL B. A. A. MEET

GREEN HAS BEST CHANCE TO TAKE HONORS

A quartet of performers from the track team will be given a chance to show their wares against some of the classiest performers in the country when they compete in the annual B. A. A. Meet on Saturday, February 8. The four are Milton Green '36, Robert C. Hall '36, Winslow L. Pettingell '38, and Albert K. Barcewicz '36.

Green is considered to have the best chance of the four to come out a winner but he will have his hands full when he goes to the mark with Sam Allen, national collegiate title holder. Last week at the Millrose games, Allen won the sixty yard hurdles, the first time that he had ever raced on a board track. It is expected, however, that the shorter distance in the Boston Garden will slow him down.

Champion Field in Jump

In addition to Allen there is Phil Good of Bowdoin, who is about tops in New England and Johnny Donovan of Dartmouth. These two runners finished second and third in the Millrose games, but Green has outbreasted these two in the race for the tape in past years. Inability to practice the necessary amount during the exam period may have slowed him down, however.

In the high jump Bob Hall will probably be outjumped by the time the field has gone far beyond the six-foot mark. He will have to meet such acknowledged champions as Al Threadgill, Spitz, and Johnson, all of whom are good for a six-six jump nearly any evening. A fourth classy jumper is Osborne, who was a champion in years gone by and who can still get quite a way from the ground.

Dubiei Out of Competition

The two remaining Crimson track men are Pettingell and Barcewicz, who may do very well for themselves because of the paucity of star material in this event. The list of entries in the high flying event is not complete as yet, but Oscar Sutermeister, former letter-holder, who is currently competing under the colors of the School of City Planning, is good for thirteen feet at most times, which is six inches better than either of the Harvard competitors is expected to do.

Emile Dubiel, who had a great chance to win the pole vault, is laid up with an injury. Hall, also, has his ankle strapped up, but considers it fit for active duty.