OPEN HOUSE

Dudley Hall thrives. From Peregrine White 2L, Graduate Secretary of the Commuter Center, comes a letter that glows with the progress of Harvard's latest institution.

"The physical equipment of the Center has been augmented since the start of the year. The cafeteria continues to serve food at unusually reasonable prices. In addition to magazines, there have been gifts of a piano, an electric clock, and sets of chess and checkers. Recently, by subscription conducted by the house committee, a ping-pong table was acquired. The associates who attend the daily lunches have become acquainted with an increasing number of the undergraduate members."

The membership, however, is disappointing. The fact that ninety per cent of the undergraduates who joined the Center have used its facilities constantly is ample proof that the plant is giving satisfactory service and moving rapidly toward the consummation of the purpose to which it was established. The authorities have made every reasonable effort to further the progress of the enterprise, including the maintenance of a graduate committee, and, more recently, the attachment of the membership charge to the term bill. With such cooperation on every side, the commuting students who campaigned so pugnaciously and vociferously last spring have no further requests to be answered. The success or failure of Dudley Hall is squarely up to students who do not live in Cambridge. An "Open House" week is now in progress, allowing students who are eligible for membership to become acquainted with an institution which eminently deserves and will amply repay their support.