STUDY WILL BE MADE OF LAB COURSES BY STUDENT COMMITTEE

Appropriations Totaling $450 Made for Support of Local Charitable Organizations

At the request of Dean Hanford the Student Council appointed a committee of nine to investigate the desirability of effecting a change in the language requirements and those courses requiring laboratory work.

Though no suggestions were forthcoming concerning the language requirements, proposals involving either a shortening of laboratory hours or increased credit for laboratory courses were suggested for consideration.

Le Moyne White '36 was appointed chairman of the committee, composed of Leonard P. Eliel '36, George S. Franklin, Jr. '36, Milton G. Green '36, Francis Keppel '38, William D. Locke '37, Neil G. Melone '37, Benjamin C. Riggs '37, and Henry P. Roosevelt '38.

Charitable Obligations Deferred

Appropriations totalling $450 were also voted by the council for the support of local charitable institutions. Though $200 were voted to the 1936 Boston Community Fund, $100 to both the Foreign Students Commission and the Cambridge Boy Scouts? and $50 to the Cambridge Y. M. C. A.; the Council has been unable to lend its accustomed support to several Cambridge charities including the Family Welfare, the Salvation Army, and the Industrial Aid Society as student pledges to the council have not as yet been sufficiently fulfilled. The council budget demands $2500 be pledged and paid by students, yet less than $600 has been paid to date.