NEW CRIMSON POLL ON SUBJECT OF MUNITIONS

CURRENCY INFLATION AND SPOILS SYSTEM LATER TOPICS

Pressing problems facing the national government are the subjects of the questions in the newest CRIMSON-Herald Tribune Current Events Poll which will be distributed today at the Union and in the Houses.

The first question, the results of which will be announced on Friday, is: "Should the manufacture and sale of war munitions for private profit be prohibited?"

Currency Inflation

Currency inflation will be dealt with in another questionnaire, which will be given out in the near future.

Whether government positions, except those concerned with important matters of policy, should be given to those who help to put their political party into office, or to those who receive the highest marks in Civil Service examinations will be the subject of the last poll to be distributed shortly before vacation.

Similar ballots will be distributed in colleges and universities throughout the country by the Herald-Tribune and the results are to be compared every Sunday on the "College Page."

Harvard Not in Majority

In past polls Harvard feelings have not always agreed with the majority of other institutions included in the group. Crimson voters stood side by side with Princeton and Yale against Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Pennsylvania, and Russell Sage, of Troy, New York, in opposing old-age pensions when that vital question was the subject of a poll in January.

Strongly opposing an amendment granting an extension of Federal powers over agriculture and industry, the Crimson voters swung the other way on the next poll and decided that, in agreement with New Deal policies, there should be more centralization of powers in the Federal government.