CRIMSON SKIERS WILL COMPETE IN A.M.C. RACE ON WILDCAT SUNDAY

LIVERMORE, OLYMPIC SKIER, MAY WIN SECOND TIME

Undaunted by avalanches and snow slides, the Crimson skiers will travel to Pinkham Notch this weekend to compete in the Appalachian Mountain Club's Invitation race to be run on the Wildcat Trail Sunday morning and afternoon.

Individual and team competitions will be decided by the total elapsed time in both morning and afternoon runs, rather than based upon a single race as is usually the case.

Practiced on Trail

Coached by Charlie Proctor, former Olympic skier from Dartmouth, the Crimson skiers spent last Sunday practicing on the tricky corners which provide the obstacles on the Wildcat descent. Feeling confident in their knowledge of the run, Captain Adams Carter and his mates hope to place well up among 47 skiers already entered in the event.

Racing with Carter for the Crimson will be Dunny Carpenter, Dave Emerson, Charley Rogers, and Bob Shaw. The three who complete the run in the shortest time will make up the team for the day.

Maclaurin Third Last Year

Leading Harvard skier in last year's race was Colin Maclaurin '38, whose time of 3 minutes, 00.8 seconds in the afternoon trial, gave him third place in total elapsed times.

With their college championships being held this weekend at Moosilaukee on Hell's Highway, Dartmouth is not sending its usual quota of skiers to the A.M.C. race. Bud Titcomb, Ed Meservey, Eddie Wells, and John Litchfield are the wearers of the Green who will try to uphold their past good records.

Other strong teams are being sent by the Schussverein, Hochgebirge, and White Mountain Ski Runners, while entries are expected from the Nansen Ski Club, The Brattleboro Ski Club, and the Dartmouth Alumni Outing Club.

At the conclusion of both the morning and afternoon races, time trials will be held for those skiers desirous of winning the new A, B, or C proficiency ratings. Entries for these trials will be received up until noon on Saturday and should be mailed to Douglas M. Burkett, care of Joe Dodge, Pinkham Notch Huts, New Hampshire.