DEANS, MASTERS OF HOUSES TO HANDLE DISCIPLINARY RULES

Superintendent of Caretakers and Business Manager Will Handle All Thefts and Property Damage

Deans and House Masters will handle all serious infractions of University regulations according to a joint statement issued yesterday by Dean Hanford and Aldrich Durant '02, Business Manger. The statement, which follows, sets forth the policy of administrative procedure now in effect for handling cases of student discipline.

"The Deans and the House Masters are responsible for all investigation and discipline relating to student infractions of University Regulations.

"The watchmen and other employees of the Caretaking staff, whose duties are primarily the protection of property of the University and of the residents in University buildings, will report to the Superintendent of caretakers any irregularities which may come to their notice. These reports will be forwarded through the Business Manager's Office to the Deans, Masters, or other academic authorities, who will take such further action as they deem fit.

"The Superintendent of Caretakers and the Business Manager continue to be at the service of all members of the University in matters such as property loss and damage or other personal difficulties but will not intervene in disciplinary affairs except at the request of the Dean, House Master, or other academic official. (Signed) A. C. Hanford,   Aldrich Durant."