HASTY PUDDING SHOW NEARING COMPLETION

Third Week of Rehearsals Marks Big Improvement in Dances and Acting; Several Specialties Arranged

"The Lid's Off", the Hasty Pudding's 1936 production, is rapidly taking on a definite semblance to a tip-top musical comedy. Director Bill Holbrook has been rehearsing his choruses for three hours every night since the show started, and a marked improvement can be seen in both the routine members and in the singing.

Several specialities have been arranged, an "Apache" number, a rumba number. An acrobatic act to music, and many other striking features are being concocted while coach A1 Zimmerman is training the numerous warbles in the approved microphone and stage technique.

Zimmerman, whose experience in coaching has combined such extremes as amateur productions for the Salvation Army and coaching for a major film company in Hollywood, has an unusual array of talent and is finding his chief problem to be more in sorting out the best material than in hunting for singing ability. His job is considerably lightened by the excellent music which composers Rotan Sargent, Cammann Newberry and Harold Parsons have contributed to this year's production, notably such tunes as "This is The Night", "Look Your Heart", and "This Is So Sudden", bandleader, announced he would feature several of the hit tunes over the air, and Ruby Newman of the Rainbow Grill in New York's Rockefeller Center is having a medley arranged which he will play on his late evening sustaining program.

An unusual touch occurred recently when Wayne King, nationally known The show will open for the public at the Club-house, 12 Holyoke Street on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, March 24, 25, and 26. A performance will also be given in Boston on March 27th. After that the cast will entrain for a trip to Washington, Hot Springs, Virginia, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia and back to New York for the final performance April 3.