INTRAMURAL MAT CROWN GOES TO CHIEF BOSTON

Wysocki Battles Way to Boxing Title; Final Bouts to Be Held at 7:30 O'Clock at Indoor Building

Eight new champions were created in the University wrestling bouts yesterday afternoon at the Indoor Athletic Building when the groan and grunt finals for 1936 were run off.

Climaxing the best grappling series in Intramural history, was the victory of Chief Boston, undefeated Freshman heavyweight, as he threw George Briggs 31, in one minute, 45 seconds.

Downey Wine Two

Only double winner in the meet, Frank Downey, another Freshman, won in both the 145 and 155-pound classes. Seymour Rubin, former Michigan matman now in Law School, had no trouble in pinning all his opponents before winning the 135-pound class from Rowland Skinner 1G.B.

The summaries of the other matches: 118-pound--L. K. Ach '39 threw E. Metaxas '39 threw Ach 5:33; 145-pound--Downey threw B. Slate 1G.B. in 6:55; 155-pound--Downey decision over E. L. Barnes in 2:33; 165-pound--J. L. Potter 2L threw C. W. Cooper 2L in 2:28; 175-pound--G. Kielin '38 decision over D. H. Sears '36 in 4:03.

Wysocki Mitt Champ

Waldemar Z. Wysocki '38, a member of last year's Freshman boxing and football teams, won the University Intramural Boxing Championship yesterday afternoon at the Indoor Athletic Building by winning the heavyweight title from Harry Marvin-Smith '37.

Arthur Oakes '38, who was the winner last year, was defeated in the 165-pound bout by Douglas G. Macleod '39 promising young fighter who is also on the Freshman basketball team.

Only a few preliminary bouts were held yesterday, merely enough to insure an even number of contestants for the semi-finals and finals tonight at 7.30 o'clock.