Student Council Contributes $100 to Red Cross to Assist in Flood Relief

More Money Needed But No Drive Will Be Made; Gifts Welcomed at Phillips Brooks House

As flood conditions along the Merrimac River grew rapidly worse yesterday, the Student Council appropriated $100 to the Red Cross to aid in the relief work. This appropriation was in addition to the $800 given earlier in the year.

In making the gift, the Student Council stressed the fact that it was acting on behalf of all the Undergraduates. As the Student Council Pledges for money were made by all men in the College last fall, there will be no drive for money through the Houses or in the Union. However, more money is still needed, and any men desiring to give should take or send their money to Phillips Brooks House.

The drive for clothing to aid flood sufferers will be continued in the next few days. The officers of Phillips Brooks House are in charge of this clothing drive now going on in the Yard and on the riverfront.

David Rockefeller '36 and Robert W. Edwards '38 are co-chairmen of the Committee to make the collections. Other men on the Committee include Shaun Kelly '36, Thomas H. Quinn '36, Raymond Dennott '36, George T. Skinner '37 and Malcolm E. Lewis '37.