The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

EERIE GHOSTS ENLIVEN CLASSICAL CLUB PLAY

The Prodigal Son Is Saved by Haunts in Tercentenary Show Which Opens in Sanders on April 15

A playboy son, aided by eerie ghosts and haunts, triumphs over his old father. This is the theme of the Classical Club's Tercentenary Latin Play which opens at Sanders Memorial Theatre at 3.00 o'clock Wednesday, April 15, for three performances which are all open to the public.

One of the most amusing features of the play is the masks worn by the characters. They reduce all players to a definite category; personalities are cut to a minimum and type characters prevail.

Based on reliefs, wall paintings, and actual masks found in Pompeii and other ancient cities, these masks are humorous exaggerations, of types found as much today as in ancient Rome; the prodigal son, the stern father, the money-lender, and the clever and stupid slaves.

Directed by Allan McN. Little, Instructor in Freehand Latin, the play is in rehearsal every afternoon and rapid progress is being made towards the opening. All performances are to be given in Sanders Theatre and will take place at 8.30 o'clock except for the opening one, which is especially for school children and will begin at 3.00 o'clock in the afternoon.