14 NOBEL WINNERS TO BE AT SYMPOSIA HELD DURING 300TH

Five Groups Will Meet During First Two Weeks of September for Arts, Science Discussions

Fourteen Nobel Prize winners will take part in Tercentenary Conferences on Arts and Sciences which will be held from August 31 to September 12. There will be 75 scholars from all over the world to form the most distinguished gathering of its kind ever held in the United States.

Heading the list of Nobel winners will be Albert Einstein who will discuss some aspects of physics. The others are Neils Bohr, physics; Hans Fischer, chemistry; Arthur H. Compton, physics; Sir Frederick G. Hopkins, physiology and medicine; Robert A. Millikan, physics; Friedrich Bergius, chemistry; August Krogh, physiology and medicine; Theodore Svedberg, chemistry; Otto Warburg, physiology and medicine; Karl Landsteiner, physiology and medicine; Edgar D. Adrian, physiology and medicine; Werner Heisenberg, physics; and Hans Spemann, physiology and medicine.

Others who will take part are President-emeritus Lowell and Sir Arthur Eddington from the University of Cambridge. There will be five symposia during the two weeks. Papers on the physical sciences and biology will be read in the first two. The third symposium on "Factors Determining Human Behavior" will collaborate different aspects of biological sciences, social sciences, and the humanities.

The remaining symposia are on "Authority and the Individual" and "Independence, Convergence and Borrowing in Institutions, Thought, and Art." Effort is being made in these symposia to avoid the traditional barriers of specialized university study.