HUTTER LEADS MERMEN AT INTERCOLLEGIATES

FITTS, CUMMIN, BERIZZI, RELAY TEAM ALSO ENTERED

Let by Charley Hutter, a picked Crimson contingent of ten swimmers will invade the Yale pool this evening to compete against more than 120 college swimmers in the National Intercollegiate Swimming Championships, to be held at New Haven tonight and tomorrow night.

Of Harvard's ten contestants, Hutter is the only one who seems to be fairly certain of a first place; his time of 23.2 seconds for the 50-yard sprint in the Yale meet virtually assures him victory in this race. In the 100-yard event, too, his best time of 52.4 seconds will in all probability be the class of the field, notwithstanding the fact that Yale's star sprinter, Johnny Macionis will be entered.

Fitts Recovered From Injury

Another Crimson hopeful is Henry Fitts in the dive, who is now totally recovered from his accident at Columbia last week and should be all set to give a tip-top performance tonight.

Although he has made some very fast times this year, Graham Cummin will be up against two very good back-strokers in Dan Zehr, Northwestern star and Big Ten champion in the event, and Willis Willey, Princeton junior who defeated Cummin and broke the intercollegiate backstroke mark in the Princeton meet this year.

Other Crimson swimmers who are making the trip to New Haven are Bob Heskett in the breast stroke, Bernard Merriam in the dive, Dario Berizzi in the 220, Frank Coleman in the 220 and 440, and the relay team of John Colony, Donald, MeKay, John Bainbridge and Hutter.