PICK THREE '39 CREWS FOR DRILL NEXT WEEK

Fourth Varsity Boat Disbanded, Third Given Shakeup, Ed Simmons Remains at Stroke

Coaches Whiteside and Haines compared notes yesterday after crew practice and selected the Freshman oarsmen who will stay over the vacation. Beside a couple of heavyweight crews Bert will keep one boat load of fifties.

Whiteside is keeping 25 men, having disbanded his fourth boat yesterday. This resulted in a shakeup in the seating of the third shell but Ed Simmons has throughout these changes been left at his post of stroke.

The first Freshman eight is one of the lightest in several years. However the inexperienced men in it are beginning to develop rapidly and by the end of vacation the boat may make up in smoothness what it now lacks in weight.

The men who will stay are as follows:

Third Varsity-stroke, Ed Simmons; 7, Peter Brooks; 6, Frank Maser; 5, Bob Watson; 4, Choate; 3, Radway; 2, Harry Locke; and bow, Dearborn. Whiteside will keep Reggie Kernan on hand with the rest of this boat to fill in possible vacancies.

First Freshman-stroke, William S. Rowe 2nd; 7, Lauren C. Kingman Jr.; 6, William E. Huenekens; 5, Peter Covel; 4, Laurence S. Johnson; 3, Dudley Talbot; 2, Richard C. Ninde; and bow, Richard M. Burnes.

Second Freshman-stroke, Francis C. Lawrence; 7, Robert McT. Coquillette; promise of open cooperation with the Union the University was voted thanks at last night's meeting.

Support has been promised the strike by the Cambridge Teachers' Union and by the Radcliffe Student union.

Word "Strike" Wins

A vote to substitute some other name for the word "strike" failed by a narrow margin.

Post-cards will be sent out at once to ratify or reject the action of last night's bare quorum in voting national affiliation: Meanwhile Lawrence S. Levy '39 was made head of the Strike Committee delegated to secure speakers and complete arrangements for 11 o'clock April 22.

Hanford Issues Statement

Dean Hanford's official statement is as follows:

"I am pleased to cooperate with the Harvard Student Union in arranging an indoor peace meeting on the morning of April 22. The College will place a room at the disposal of the undergraduate committee in charge of the meeting.