WNAC HOST TO CRIMSON, GREEN DEBATING TEAMS

NO DECISION GIVEN, BUT MURRAY ASKS RADIO VOTES

Stressing the value of a balance of power between state and federal governments as opposed to a strong centralized administration, Edward J. Duggan '37 upheld the negative and gave the rebuttal for Harvard in the radio debate with Dartmouth yesterday at 3 o'clock over station WNAC.

No decision was returned in the contest, which was on the question of government control of commerce and industry within the national boundaries. Emphasizing the political side of the argument, Duggan maintained that too much concentration of power in the hands of the federal government is a bad thing for the country, and that the "federal equilibrium" should be preserved.

Richard W. Sullivan '38, the other Crimson speaker, advanced the argument of the inflexibility of Congress in legislation and of its lack of adaptability to individual cases.

Arthur Ekirch '37, speaking first for Dartmouth, traced the economic development of the country from the old days of "laissez-faire" to the complicated interrelations of our modern financial structure.

The affirmative speech of Herman Dock, Dartmouth '36, was largely composed of a mass of detail to support the point of the inability of congress to regulate utility companies under the present setup.