OFFICE OF ASSISTANT H. A. A. HEAD ABOLISHED

MOVE PART OF ECONOMY MEASURE IN ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

At least for the duration of this year the H.A.A. will get along without an assistant athletic director, the post left vacant by the resignation of Eskie Clark who is now Athletic Director of Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania.

Economy Measure

According to William J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, this is being done as an economy measure along with many other expense cuts necessitated by drastic drop in H.A.A. income.

The work formerly done by Clark is now attended to by Mr. Bingham himself, and this means that his schedule is made much stiffer. Clark formerly attended many meetings as Mr. Bingham's representative, carried on a great deal of the detail of H.A.A. administration.

Division of Work

Other parts of Eskie's work, such as the purchase of equipment, the supervision of the managers, management of student employment in Athletic jobs, and the post of chief liaison officer between athletes, the H.A.A., and the College have been distributed among other men in the Athletic Association.

This economy, which will amount to several thousand dollars a year, may help save the threatened minor sports which are being considered this week by financial officers of the College.