PIERIAN MAKES FIRST TRIP OF YEAR TO COLBY

Joint Concert and Dance on Program As 40 Members of Sodality Travel to New Hampshire College

Making its first trip of the year today, the Pierian Sodality of 1808 will travel to Colby Junior College for Women in New London, New Hampshire, for a joint concert and dance.

About forty members of the Sodality will start by bus at nine o'clock this morning, arriving at New London at 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon. A rehearsal will take place immediately followed by tea. The Sodality will perform jointly with the Colby Junior College Orchestra in the concert, which occurs shortly after supper.

Malcolm H. Holmes '28, conductor of the Pierian, and James Ulmer, who leads the Colby Orchestra, will alternate with the baton during the evening. A feature of the program will be a violin solo by Miss Fiorence Leach of Colby.

The evening's festivities will be climaxed by the dance, which will last until about midnight. The musicians will return home the same evening, probably arriving in Cambirdge at an early hour tomorrow morning.