DRAMATIC CLUB TO FILL WHEATON'S MALE ROLES

"The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde Will Be Presented Next Month

Five men from the Dramatic Club will play the male roles in a Wheaton College production of Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Earnest," a perennial favorite to be presented the first part of May. The play is exceedingly light throughout, depending for its success on clever puns and epigrams.

Stanley A. Miller '38 will play the part of Jack; Michael Linenthal '37 will appear as Algernon; R. Thomas Fels '39 as Dr. Chasuble; Irving H. Chase '39 as Lane; and James P. Osbourn '38 as Merriman.

Linenthal has appeared in a previous Dramatic Club production, "Hay Fever" by Noel Coward; and Fels had a part in "Pudding Full of Plums," given in conjunction with Radcliffe last fall.

Wheaton girls taking parts are Elizabeth Magill as Cecily, Mary Hill as Gwendolyn, Lady Blacknell, and Dorothy Mountain as Miss Prism. Mrs. H.C. Ballon, formerly connected with the Wellesley "Barnswallows," will direct the production.

Plot on Ancestry

The whole plot revolves around the question of Jack's ancestry, which is rather questionable, as Jack was found comfortably ensconced in a black leather bag in the cloak-room of the Victoria station. Lady Blacknell refuses to accept that as sufficient ancestry, Jack sets out to do something about it, and "thereby hangs a tale."