BASEBALL TEAM OPENS FLAG RACE WITH LION

GAME TIME 3 O'CLOCK IF WEATHER PERMITS

Weather permitting the Varsity baseball team will get under way in the Eastern Intercollegiate pennant race against Columbia this afternoon.

The game will be played on Soldiers Field starting at 3 o'clock.

With two veteran pitchers, Bill Gannett and John DeBettencourt, who is scheduled to start, the Lions can place a large share of their hopes in the continued silencing of the Crimson bats, able to collect only five solid blows in their last appearance Thursday.

Ed Ingalls, 12_0 conqueror of Northeastern, will be on the mound again for the Crimson. Though parsimonious with passes, the burly Sophomore needs work to perfect his control. In both the Fordham and Northeastern games he showed an alarming tendency to groove his fast ball right down the middle.

If Ingalls should fail to hold Columbia, Coach Mitchell will take a chance on either southpaw Dick Walsh or the effective but erratic George Tittmann.

The rest of the Crimson lineup remains unchanged. Captain Maguire will be behind the plate, and from left to right around the infield, Adzigian, Bilodeau, Owen, and Colwell, and in the outfield Prouty, Gibbs, and Tittmann.