TWO NEW LECTURES AT SCHOOL OF EDUCATION

Payson Smith, Former Commissioner of Education; Charles Knudsen, of Tennessee College

Payson Smith, former Commissioner of Education, and Charles W. Knudsen, professor of Secondary Education at the George Peabody College of Teachers, Nashville, Tennessee, have been appointed lectures for one year, to take part in the new program of professional training for administrative work in secondary schools at the Graduate School of Education, it was announced today.

Professor Knudsen will be lecturer on Secondary Education and will give courses preparing students for the work of the principal or headmaster of a secondary school. Before joining the faculty of the George Peabody College, Dr. Knudsen was a Superintendent of Schools in Illinois and was High School Supervisor of the University of Illinois.

Dr. Smith, who is at present lecturer on Educational Administration, will continue in the same capacity, and will cooperate with Henry W. Holmes '05. Dean of the Graduate School of Education in preparing students for the position of Superintendent of Schools.