Future Veterans Open Drive for Bonus at Meeting Monday Night

Kaltenborn, Bean, Coquillette, Smith Will Establish Need for Prompt Action

Just as Paul Revere awakened a sleepy New England countryside to fight for freedom from the English 160 years ago, the Veterans of Future Wars will arouse a neglectful student body to secure its just rights from Congress when they celebrate Patriots' Day Monday evening at eight o'clock with a mass meeting in Emerson D.

After pointing out that there are men in every college who must give their lives for their country in the next war without compensation under existing laws, the Future Veterans will demand immediate legislative remedy.

The Threat of Peace

Speakers will first establish the inevitability of armed conflict. The subject of De Veaux Smith '37 is "The Threat of Peace"; William J. Barker '37, "Counter Attack"; Robert W. Bean '39, "The Canadian Menace"; and Robert M. Terrall '36, "Hearst--The Man." Rolf Kaltenborn '37 will preside.

The fact that improved offensive weapons will leave fewer veterans to lobby after the next war will be introduced as an argument for immediate action. As for the economic desirability of the proposal, Robert M. Coquillette '39 will discuss "The Bonus and Recovery."

Legion Withholds Expected Backing

Although the organization hoped to obtain the cooperation of the American Legion, Commander vanZandt departed for Europe last week without even leaving a congratulatory telegram for tonight's meeting, it was learned yesterday.

In addition to the speakers, there will be both decorations and music. The VFW anthem which has just been completed, will be sung to the tune of the Vagabond Song.

Special Harvard Post buttons will be distributed to members attending the meeting. These are in red, white, and blue and bear the Post's emblem, the cupped hand.