Soft Drink Tycoon Regales University Hall With Lime Rickeys, Grape Juice

Trainer of Prizefighters Appears On Scene in Company With Burly Bodyguard

History has been in the making at University Hall for the past few days ever since John Simoneau, New Hampshire soft drink tycoon whose personality may be described as a combination of Florenz Ziegfeld, Jacob Ruppert, Jack Benny, Paul Harris, and Tex Rickard, has been making his presence felt in no uncertain manner.

Pleasant Surprise

Officials at University Hall had no sooner commenced the day's routine yesterday morning than they were pleasantly surprised by the arrival of a truck driver carrying a large crate of soft drinks. Upon investigation it was learned that this unexpected donation had been sent by Simoneau in return for favors previously conferred.

A unique personality, ranging from a Rotarian through an Odd Fellow to a member of the American Association of Carbonated Beverage Manufacturers who writes vaudeville skits and trains prizefighters for a hobby, Simoneau was three days ago a source of serious perturbation to Louise Piscopo, the lady at the Information desk.

Accompanied by Bodyguard

Suddenly appearing on the scene one morning in the company of his bodyguard, a burly pugilist of no mean accomplishment, he confronted Miss Piscopo with several incoherent requests coupled with specious offers of bottled beverages. Bewildered by the curious situation, she referred him to the News Office.

There it was learned that, since he is on his way to New York to perform in Major Bowes' amateur program, he wished to contact the Roosevelt boys in an effort to persuade the First Lady of the Land to cast her vote for him. His chief proficiency in the field of amateur entertainment lies in the fastest known rendition of "The Stars and Stripes Forever," played upon a one-stringed violin.

Unsuccessful in his original quest, since the Roosevelt boys were not at home, the versatile soft-drink magnate left quietly with his bodyguard. Yesterday, as a result of his gratitude, lime rickey, grape juice, and other beverages flowed freely in University Hall.