VARSITY RUGGERS WILL OPPOSE NEW YORK CLUB

CRIMSON PLAYERS HAVE TWO WINS TO THEIR CREDIT

Favored to win the opener of the home season, the Varsity rugby club will meet the New York Rugby Club at 3:15 o'clock this afternoon at Soldiers Field. A game between the Junior Varsity outfit and the Boston Rugby Club at 2:15 o'clock will precede the Varsity encounter.

Harvard is considered to have an unusually strong club this year. On the recent trip to Bermuda, it defeated both Yale and the Bermuda Rugby Club. The New York aggregation, one of the leading exponents of the game in the United States, lost to the French Rugby Club in its first game and defeated Long Island University in its most recent start.

Stronger than the usual J.V. group, the Junior Varsity will meet with little trouble from the Bostonians. Archer Trench, Ham Richards, and Duane Whitney are all players of Varsity calibre.

In addition to Captain Bob Knapp, there are four other football players in the Varsity lineup of 15. Shaun Kelly, Peter Knapp, Joe Kennedy, and Jim Potter, all ends will play for the Crimson team. Other outstanding players for Harvard are Allan Simpson, who played with the Oxford Greyhounds in England, Fred Fayette, former Notre Dame end, and Meiklejohn, veteran star back.