ELECT DEAN PRESIDENT OF 1937 MODEL LEAGUE

Prominent Debating Council Member Selected at Meeting of Executive Council Saturday

W. Tucker Dean '37, prominent member of the Harvard Debating Council, was elected president of the 1937 New England Model League of Nations at a meeting of the Executive Committee last Saturday. He is the first Harvard man ever to win this honor.

In addition to presiding at the Assembly meetings of the tenth Model League next year, Dean will have the task of preparing the agenda, selecting committee chairmen, and supervising local arrangements.

Fifty Harvard Delegates

Plans for next year's three day congress call for the attendance of Harvard delegations numbering at least 50 men in all, as compared with the six men who participated this year. The location for the 1937 session has not yet been determined.

As chairman of the Harvard delegation which represented Australia at this year's convention of the League in Williamstown. Dean was responsible for the introduction of a resolution whereby the Rhineland crisis superseded the Italo-Ethiopian question as the principal subject of debate.

In addition he participated in the discussions of the League Council as one of its 14 members.