EDUCATIONAL EXPERIMENT

THE PRESS

It is with a two-fold purpose in mind that the "Princetonian", "Crimson" and "News" now launch an annual Princeton-Harvard-Yale conference on public affairs. Not only does such a movement serve the obvious requirement of stimulating undergraduate interest in the important questions of government today, but it also represents a significant development in the field of educational cooperation among these three institutions, whose common intellectual heritage demands a closer alliance than now exists.

In initiating the conference idea and in planning the inaugural session here this year, the "Princetonian" has had as its objective the presentation of an opportunity for selected undergraduates and faculty members of the three universities to meet prominent leaders in government and business, and to discuss with them in a straightforward and informal manner the important problems arising out of the vital topic "Government and Economic Security."

Necessarily limited in its initial stages by factors which must invariably be met in all pioneer promotions, the Princeton-Harvard-Yale conference will grow along with undergraduate interest. To insure its continuance as a medium whereby this interest can be expressed the affair has been planned on an annual basis, with Harvard volunteering as the host next year.

The important feature of this conference is represented in its aspects as a project designed especially for undergraduates, through the cooperation of the undergraduate dailies at the three universities concerned in utilizing the resources of these intellectual centers in a joint effort to face the primary problems in the realm of public affairs. Out of such a movement can only come a better comprehension of those questions in which every citizen should have an active interest, and a better mutual relationship in the pursuit of progressive education. --The Daily Princetonian