Faculty Committees Meet to Plan Reorganization of Gov. 1, Econ. A

Walsh, Hoover, Abbott, Cassells, Galbraith Work to Revamp Economics A Material

Complete reorganization looms for two of the College's biggest courses, Economics A and Government 1, with the appointment of two Faculty committees to consider changes for next year.

Drs. Fritz Marx, William P. Maddox, and Merle Fainsod, instructors in Government, compose the group planning innovations in the Government curriculum, and their recommendations will be ready in about two weeks time.

The principal work of these three men will be to draw up a schedule of lectures, and determine the allotments of time to be devoted to the study of the various forms of government. The greatest change that is planned is the proposal to give British government the first half year, along with the study of American politics, under Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government, instead of devoting the entire first half to America as is the case at present.

Economics Committee

Drs. J. Kenneth Galbraith, J. R. Walsh, John M. Cassels, Edgar M. Hoover '28, and Charles C. Abbott '28, instructors in Economics, are the men considering changes in Economics A. This committee meets today to draw up an outline which would give coherence to the entire course. This new outline will be constructed on the basis of what would be desirable for the course without regard for existing texts.

For subjects such as Monopolistic Competition where adequate text material for a survey course is not available, the section men would arrange beforehand how the material would be presented.