CRIMSON TOPS LION FOR TWO LEAGUE VICTORIES

INGALLS, TITTMANN GIVE FLASHY MOUND PERFORMANCES

Two impressive victories over the Columbia Lion at New York this weekend served to tighten the hold of the Crimson Varsity nine on the upper berth of the Intercollegiate League. The scores were 6-3 and 10-1.

As a result of masterful mound performances by Ed Ingalls and George Tittmann, star twirlers on the Mitchell squad, Harvard found no difficulty in advancing to a League lead of four wins and no defeats, which augurs well for the outcome of the pennant race.

Ten Safeties From Lions

Behind Ingalls' seven hit pitching in the first game, the efficient Crimson outfit was able to keep the struggling Lion pretty was able to keep the struggling Lion pretty well caged up. charley Morgan, home team moundsman, was touched for 10 safeties. In addition the invading forces took advantage of several infield and outfield miscues by the Lion in order to annex their 6-3 triumph.

In the second game Harvard secured a three-run lead in the first two frames which clinched the issue from the very start. Tittmann's able performance held the enemy to three hits, while the Crimson base-runners staged a five-run crescendo in the sixth to amass a final total of 10 tallies.

The Crimson Jayvee nine, in its encounter with Governor Dummer Academy on Saturday, left the field with a 4-4 tie.