The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

THE FUND AND THE UNIVERSITY

Announcement of Frank S. Deland '36 as Senior Class Agent makes timely a survey of the Class Fund Plan to date. Its material accomplishment has been great, and the million already collected speaks for itself.

Beyond this, the eight thousand men who contributed last year suggests the almost universal appreciation, by Harvard graduates, of the value of education in the social scheme, and the equally universal desire to improve and assist education at Harvard, no matter how hardly come by or how relatively small the token. Support of privately-endowed education must be more than material. It must have social and psychological props, and the thousands contributing illustrate the soundness of its foundation.

From a purely practical viewpoint, the number of contributors is encouraging. With governmental taxes on large incomes almost confiscatory, great private institutions like Harvard must lean more and more heavily upon many modest contributors rather than the possessors of great fortunes. Generally considered the Fund has had small beginnings but continues to have a bright future.