WINSAUER CHOSEN FOR IVY ORATION BY '36 MARSHALS

Spent Three Years With Province town Players; Was Finalist in Boylston Prize Speaking Contest

Roy W. Winsauer '36 of Chicago was elected Ivy Orator it was revealed last night. He prepared at Carl Schurz School and lives in Kirkland House.

Judges for the competition were the three marshals of the class, Shaun Kelly, Jr., Richard Maguire, and Robert, G. Hall. The competition was held in Holden Chapel. Other contestants were Charles B. Feibleman, Judson Bemis, Michael Cudany, John G. Duffey, William M. Hunt, 2d, William W. Prout, and Robert M. Terrall

Winsauer is on the kirkland House Committee, chairman of the entertainment committee, played on the House football, baseball and basketball teams, and a member of the glee club and chapel choir.

His experience in speaking includes three years with the province town players. He was a Boylston Prize finalist, and gained a first place tie in the poetry reading contest in 1934. His writing career is comprised of a honors thesis and many stories in composition courses here. He is a concentrator in English.

The Ivy Oration is given during the afternoon of Class Day in the Stadium. It follows the Class Oration, Class Poem, and Ode which are given in the morning in the Winthrop-Kirkland squash court triangle.

Ivy Orator last year was Vincent Palmer '35