Free Examination Reviews for Freshman Courses Open Tonight

Chemistry A Will Be Given Next Tuesday by Dr. MacDougall in Mallinckrodt

Free reviews to cover the work for the final examinations in large Freshman courses will begin tonight in the Union, according the tentative schedule released last night by the Reviews Committee.

These sessions, hold for the first time before the midyear examinations, are intended to help Freshmen and any other Undergraduates to arrange their work in reviewing for the all-important finals.

Biology D Tonight

In the opening review, Frederick L. Hisaw professor, of Zoology, and John H. Welsh instructor in zoology, will go over both the laboratory and lecture materials for Biology D. It will be held in the Union at 7.30 o'clock and will be conducted on a question-and answer basis.

The year's work in Chemistry A will be lined up next Tuesday evening at 7.30 o'clock in the large lecture Hall in Mallincrokt. It will be conducted by Duncan P. MacDougall, an instructor, in the course.

Caleb Foote is chairman of the Freshman Reviews Committee handling this work and other members are Samuel Abelow, Robert Bean, Robert M. Coquillette, Warrick Elrod, Richard Sullivan and James Tobin.

The complete schedule of the reviews will be posted at the Union as they are arranged. Others now planned include:

Geology A: Thursday, May 28, at 7 o'clock, in the Union. To be given by Lincoln R. Thiesmeyer, Austin Teaching Fellow in Geology.

English 2: In regular conference meetings this week, with a special session for Conference Group III tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock.

Philosophy A: Work being reviewed in final section meetings.

Physics B and English 1: Given as a regular part of the course.

History 1: Thursday, May 28 at 7.30 o'clock, in New Lecture Hall. To be given by John I. Coddington '24, assistant in History, and to cover the work 1815-the present time.

Physics C: Early in June, in Jefferson Laboratory, to be given by Theodore Jorgensen Jr.

Other reviews are being planned and will be arranged if possible. On the whole, the only large Freshmen courses omitted will be the elementary and reading language courses, where it was felt that such sessions would do little good.

The program has been greatly expanded since the mid-year exam period, when four reviews were tried by the Union Committee purely as an experiment.