Bowditch, Hedblom and Page to Direct 1936-37 Student Council

Varsity Football Manager Will Be Treasurer--Hedblom Was in Charge of Elections

New Student Council members, 17 in all, met last Friday to elect the following officers for 1936-37: president, John Bradford Bowditch '37, of Concord; secretary, George Gordon Hedblom '37, of Cambridge; treasurer, Walter Hines Page, 2nd '37, of Long Island, New York.

Quinn Retires

Thomas H. Quinn '36, retiring Council head, presided at the meeting until the new president had been selected, at which time he retired, expressing his thanks for the strong backing which he had received from the 1935-36 Council.

Bowditch then took over the running of the meeting and the other two officers were elected; after transacting a few matters of business relative to Freshman affairs, the meeting was adjourned until next fall.

Candidates' Records

Bowditch, who was a member of the Council this year, is president of the CRIMSON. He also is serving as secretary of Phillips Brooks House, is co-chairman of the Tercentenary Committee, and served on the Scholarship Committee of the Council which made a report to officers of the University a few weeks ago. His term as head of the CRIMSON will end next November, so that this work will not interfere with Council plans.

Hedblom, who also served on the Council this year, has played on the Varsity football squad for the past two seasons. He is a member of the Winthrop House Committee, is serving on the Tercentenary Committee, and recently was in charge of running the Senior elections.

Football Manager

Page, a member of the Council for the first time this spring, will be Varsity football manager next fall. He has been active on the gridiron since his Freshman year, at which time he won the managing competition.