The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

AMHERST NO PUSHOVER FOR VARSITY BOOTERS

FRESHMAN SOCCER PLAYERS MUST REPORT MONDAY

There is no question about it; the man who arranged for the football team to play Amherst in its opening game next Saturday and suggested that the visitors bring their soccer team along will be wise to stay as far as possible away from the Business School Field for another week.

For the gridiron athletes the Lord Jeffs may be a warmup, but there is no team in the Eastern soccer league more formidable than Amherst, no team that the Crimson booters would more enjoy playing in the middle of the season.

Since Monday and until next Saturday spectators have been witnessing and will continue to witness one of Harvard's most intensive early soccer drills in years.

McDonald Worries

And while Varsity Coach Jack Carr and Captain Jim Wood are digging in on one part of the field, Freshman Coach Jim McDonald is off in a corner beginning to worry quietly to himself.

His charges do not report until Monday, but their first game with Tabor is likewise scheduled for next Saturday.

In the brief space of less than a week Coach McDonald faces the overwhelming task of patching a lineup from 60 entirely unfamiliar faces and pairs of feet.

The Varsity schedule: Saturday, Oct. 3, Amherst; Oct .10. Brown; Oct. 14, Tufts; Oct. 17, M.I.T.; Oct. 23, Dartmouth; Oct. 31, Princeton; Nov. 4, Springfield; Nov. 20, at Yale.