TWO UNIVERSITY ELEVENS TO PLAY INTER-SQUAD GAME THIS AFTERNOON

LEO DALEY EXPLAINS GAME RULES TO SQUAD

With coaching staff benched on the sidelines, the Varsity will play an inter-squad game in the Stadium this afternoon. This game which will be conducted like an official intercollegiate clash, will be closed to the public.

Dick Harlow has divided his squad into two rival camps for this contest, one coached by Wes Fesler and Skip Stahley; the other by Rae Crowther and Howie O'Dell. These squads were divided with the object of making a close game, not as A and B groups.

Gaffney Will Not Play

Because of slight injuries suffered during a week of strenuous scrimmages, Captain Jim Gaffney, Tom Bilodeau, Ken Booth, Don Daughters, George Hedblom, Ralph Pope, Bob Stuart, and Henry Russell will not take part in the game. This is merely a precautionary measure for most of them. Harlow said that if the game were with an outside team, Captain Gaffney would have started.

Rules Explained

Major portion of yesterday afternoon's practice was given over to the interpretation and application of the rules. Leo Daley, president of the New England Football Officials Association, and three other officials who have seen service in the Harvard Stadium, spoke to the squad on the enforcement of the 1936 innovations in the rule book. They officiated for an hour of dummy scrimmage, showing just how fouls are committed and explaining the penalties inflicted for each.

Starting Lineups

Starting lineups for this afternoon are: Fesler-Stahley outfit: Ends, Winter and Staples; tackles, Adlis and Kevorkian; guards, Allen and Kessler; center, Jones; backs, Roberts, Brooks, Wilson and Struck.

Crowther O'Dell outfit: Ends, Smith and Green; tackles, Schmidt and Spring; guards, Klein and Nee; center, Fearon; backs, Oakes, Ford, Boston and Watt.