GRID SQUAD ENTERS LAST WEEK BEFORE LORD JEFF CONTEST

Practice Game Shows Few "Naturals" Have Sprouted Since Last Season; Reserve Material on Hand.

This will be a week of smoothing rough edges for Varsity football, for Saturday's inter-squad game held in the Stadium revealed that there is plenty of work to do before the kickoff with Amherst.

Although the A team was able to harvest of 30-0 victory, the game was by no means a one-sided affair, and new A team starters showed marked supremacy over their individual rivals. Although this implies that few "naturals" have emerged from the multitude so far, it also means that Harlow should be able to keep eleven fresh men on the field throughout 60 minutes of play without seriously impairing the starting strength.

Roberts to Winter

First touchdown of the afternoon was the result of the A team's second play, a beautifully executed bit of teamwork and timing--a pass from George Roberts to Gibby Winter, followed by a lateral to Vernon Struck and some fancy stepping on his part, ending in a tally. Roberts failed to convert, hitting one of the uprights.

But after this promising bit of brilliance, the remainder of the first half was a see-saw, neither side being able to stage a consistent advance, and with very little clean blocking.

Second Touchdown

The second touchdown began with a run-back of a punt by Roberts to the 28-yard line. Struck then bucked for a first down. The B team tightened up for what looked like a goal line stand, but Roberts spiralled to Staples to place the ball in scoring position, and completed the job by plagging the ball across himself in the best power play of the game. He also converted.

Third touchdown materialized from a blocked kick, recovered and run across the line by Charlie Kessler--his first touchdown in three years of Harvard football. Houghton converted.

Kessler Shines

With Captain Gaffney a spectator for precautionary reasons, Charlie Kessler, at left guard, turned in about the best line performance of the afternoon. Al Kevorkian and Rus Allen also did some fine work at left tackle and right guard upon full professors their most beauti-respectively.