35 FEWER STUDENTS ARE IN COLLEGE THIS YEAR FIGURES SHOW

Graduate School Enrollment Should Bring University Total Well Over Last Year's Figure

Practically complete registration figures for the College, as given out today by University Hall, indicate that there will be fewer undergraduates this year than there were for the academic year 1935-36.

The total number of students now enrolled is 3,691 as compared with a total of 3,726 at this time last year. Although late registrations may be expected to increase the total, it is not considered likely that last year's number will be equalled.

A break down of the figures shows a total of 727 Seniors now as compared to 721 last year. The present Junior Class of 853 men exceeds last year's by ten, while this year's Sophomore crop has fallen off sharply. 1003 second year men are registered this year compared to 1090 last year.

The Class of 1940, including 88 dropped Freshmen, totals 1035 now topping last season's Yardlings by 24. There are 12 more out-of-course students enrolled.

The slight decline in the College population is not expected to be duplicated in the University when total figures are compiled.

With the Business School already reporting an increase of over 75 men, and preliminary surveys from the Law and Medical Schools indicating that they will top 1935 totals, the number of students in the University should better the 7870 mark set up last year by at least 100.