OVERSEER BOARD WILL CHOOSE FIVE NEW MEN

BOARD OF DIRECTORS ALSO NAMES CANDIDATES

Five alumni will be elected to the vacancies on the Board of Overseers this spring out of 14 nominations. The 14 nominees were selected by the committee on nominations of the Alumni Association, and will be elected by a postal ballot.

The five members whose six-year terms expire this June are George Russell Agassiz '89, Allston Burr '89, Dwight Parker Robinson '90, Frederick Winsor '93, and William Phillips '00.

The candidates for the Board are Charles Francis Adams '88, of Boston, formerly secretary of the navy, treasurer of Harvard, president of the Alumni Association, and member of the Board of Overseers; George Rublee '90 of Washington, D. C., a lawyer and formerly member of the Federal Trade Commission and legal adviser to the American Embassy in Mexico, to the American delegation to the London Naval Conference, and to the government of Colombia; Right Reverend James DeW. Perry '92 of Providence, Rhode Island, Bishop of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States;

Patrick T. Campbell '93 of Boston, superintendent of the Public Schools in Boston; Dr. Eugene H. Pool of New York, president of the American College of Surgeons; John Stewart Bryan '97, of Williamsburg, Virginia, president of the College of William and Mary and editor-publisher of the Richmond News-Leader; Adelbert Ames, Jr. '03, of Hanover, New Hampshire, professor of research in physiological optics at Dartmouth;

Laird Bell '04, of Chicago, Illinois, lawyer and trustee of the University of Chicago; Harrison Tweed '07, of New York, lawyer, president of the Legal Aid Society of New York, and former vice-president of the Alumni Association; G. Peabody Gardner, Jr., of Boston, chairman of the 300th Anniversary Fund, chief marshal of the 1935 commencement, and former secretary of the Harvard Corporation;

Ralph Lowell '12, of Boston, former director of the Alumni Association, and member of Clark, Dorge, and Co.; George C. Cutler '13, of Baltimore, Maryland, president of the Safe Deposit and Trust Co.; Francis C. Grant '14, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, professor of Neurosurgery at the University of Pennsylvania; and Theodore Sizer '16, of New Haven, Connecticut, professor of art at Yale, and associate director of the Yale Gallery of Fine Arts.

At the same time it was announced that nine candidates have been nominated to fill the three vacancies which will occur in June in the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association, and a second list of seven has been nominated to fill the three places left vacant on the Fund Council.

The nominations for directors of the Alumni Association are: Duncan G. Harris '00, Lawrence Howe '07, Leon M. Little '10, Richard C. Floyd '11, Griscom Bettle '14, John M. Franklin '18, Frederick M. Warburg '19, Edward L. Bigelow '21, and Dr. Myles P. Baker '22.

The seven candidates for the Harvard Fund Council are Neal Rantoul '92, Frederick Roy Martin '93, Gardner B. Perry '03, Seth T. Gano '07, Westmore Willcox, Jr. '17, Chapman H. Hyams, 3d '21, and Joseph S. Clark, Jr. '23