VARSITY HOCKEY TEAM MEETS BROWN TONIGHT

PUCKSTERS STRIVING FOR SIXTH WIN OF SEASON

Seeking their sixth victory of the current season, the powerful Varsity Hockey team will face the undefeated Brown six in the Providence Auditorium tonight.

The Crimson lineup will be the same that faced Toronto and Dartmouth with the exception that Russ Allen will be out as starting defenseman as he is suffering from a slight cold. His place will be filled by Charlie Houghton, burly Sophomore and member of last year's crack Freshman team.

Brown, under the leadership of their sterling netminder, Jack Skillings, should provide some opposition to the Crimson. Joe Stubbs' team will miss Russ Allen and they will probably not be playing too hard. Brown beat the weak Yale team, but when the final score is in Harvard should be on top by four or five goals.

The first and second lines will probably share the scoring as they have done in the past few games. George Ford, star of the Dartmouth encounter, is teaming up well with his two mates, Austie Harding and Johnny Mechem, while Roberts, with one of the best shots on the team, should connect for a couple of goals.

With Roberts on the second line will be Ned Cutter and Ralph Pope, famed Junior line. Pete Stone, Louis Carr and Jim Jameson form the third line. Leo Ecker and Gene Emerson will once more be the pair of substitutes for the points. George Mahoney, who has clinched the goalie position, will once more be minding the nets.

Freshmen Face Stoneham

The undefeated but as yet untried Yardling six of Coach Clark Hodder will face Stoneham High in the Arena this afternoon at 2:30 o'clock, in what should be a close game. The Freshmen have previously beaten Rindge Tech 8-1 and Belmont Hill 7-1