CRIMSON CRUSHES BRUIN TEAM 7-1 ON PROVIDENCE RINK

Brown Gets Only Tally in First Period As Superior Team Play Results in Score by Dye

Providence, R. I., Jan. 12--Harvard's fast-skating hockey team smothered a courageous but disorganized Bruin ice squad in Providence last night 7-1, in a game climaxed by as fast a closing period as has been seen here for some time.

Midway through the second period, the Bears saw four Crimson goals scored inside of two minutes before they could rally behind Captain Jack Skillings to stem the tide, but that scoring spurt told the story.

Harvard swung into the lead two minutes after the opening as Mechem scored. Harding followed with a tally five minutes later, but the Bears fought back with their best team play of the game to register their only tally as Dye scored. The period ended 2-1.

At 9:45 of the second period George Ford scored his first goal, unassisted, and twenty seconds later Harding tallied on an assist from Mechem. At 11:45 Ford again netted the puck, with Harding assisting, and six seconds afterwards the procedure was reversed as Harding scored, Ford assisting. Score: Harvard 7, Brown 1.

Penalties were frequent, and at one time Carr, of Harvard, Swig, of Brown, and Hicks, of Harvard, were in the box at the same time, but there was no further scoring and the game ended 7-1.