The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Music Box

Chardon Quartet Opens a New Chamber Music Series on Thursday

It is most unfortunate that the first in the excellent series of chamber music concerts given by the Chardon String Quartet should coincide with the mid-year examinations. The programs presented by this group have always proved interesting and apparently this year is to be no exception, for their first concert, which takes place in Paine Hall tomorrow evening, is composed entirely of eighteenth century music. The works to be heard are Mozart's String Quartet in F major (K. 590), Carl Stamitz's Duo for Violin and Cello, Opus 19, No. 1, and the same composer's Quartet in B flat major for Oboe and Strings.

Also in the line of chamber music is a concert of music for harpsichord and viola da gamba to be performed at Jordan Hall this evening by Putnam Aldrich, Alfred Zighera, and the Boston Society of Ancient Instruments.

Symphony Concerts

The State Symphony Orchestra (WPA) under the direction of Alexander Thiede is giving a concert in Sanders Theatre tonight. Ernest Bioch's Concerto Grosso is to be played and should prove to be the most interesting item. Dimitri Mitropoulos continues as guest conductor of the Boston Symphony and a presenting for this week his own arrangement of the Prelude and Fugue for Organ in B minor, Schumann's Second Symphony, a new Piano Concerto by Malipiero, and Ravel's "Rapsodie Espagnole."