ALL HOUSES DIFFER IN APPLICATION OF PARIETAL RULING

Winthrop Most Strict, Demanding 24 Hour Notice, While Kirkland Allows Application Until One O'Clock

Parietal rules which went into effect yesterday show a certain amount of variation among the seven Houses as to the application of them, although the rules were voted as uniform for the whole House unit.

Kirkland House is the most lenient of all with application for women guests from the House office not being required before 1 o'clock on the day in question. Students unable to make this deadline can therafter make applications from the Senior Tutor.

Leverett House follows in point of leniency with students being asked only to sign a blank in the Janitor's office by 12 o'clock of the day in question.

Lowell House has the same time limit, but with written notice of the intention of receiving guests being required. On Sundays this application can be made with the Janitor, but on other days must be made from the House Master or Senior Tutor. Dunster House follows the same policy in point of time limit.

Eliot House follows with the application dead line being set at 11 o'clock. Winthrop House is most strict of all with a 24 hour notice being demanded. Adams has made no special interpretation of the rule for their own House as yet, apparently considering that the general rule covers the whole situation.

These rules are to be enforced by the House masters with no reference to University Hall except in extreme violations. It is expected that slight digressions in the rules will result in the taking away of the privilege of having women guests, and more serious violations may result in the deprivation of other House privileges such as the use of the dining halls.

Extreme violations will result in the student in question being forced to leave the House. In case of such action, the Dean's office may take notice if it considers that the punishment is still not severe enough, and the student will be placed on probation or forced to leave college.

Dean Hanford, however, will leave the enforcement of the rules up to the House Masters as much as possible and will interfere only when requested or when his office is forced to take notice, in the meantime his office acts as a clearing house for general information.

A loose leaf notebook has been placed in the Janitor's office in each House for the registration of guests. The separate pages will not be left there but will be filed elsewhere since it is considered not a good idea to have people poring over the record of receptions of women by individual students.