Figures Show Harvard Victorious Over Princeton in 62% of Their Courses

Crimson is Victor in Hockey, Polo Leagues; Shares Title in Baseball Circuit

In the annual "big three" competition in 1936, between Harvard, Yale, and Princeton, Harvard came off second best.

The Yale varsity record against the Crimson in all sports was 11 victories, six defeats, and three ties.

Against Princeton, Harvard had better luck, winning 17 of their 27 meetings. The Princeton teams were the worst this year that they've been for several annums. Their percentage of contests won was .546, as compared with .631 last year, .656 in 1935, and .636 in 1933. Yale also had the best of Princeton winning 29 of their 51 meetings.

Statistics show that the Elis won the "big three" titles in varsity football and baseball, but lost both to Harvard and Princeton in rowing.

The Crimson winning record in 1936 shows a surprising number of league championships.

Baseball

Harvard and Dartmouth were in a tie for Eastern Intercollegiate League Championship.

Boxing

Walter L. Crampton '36 1G.B. was the 125 1b. Champion in the Eastern Intercollegiate Association.

Chess

Harvard was the victor in the H.Y.P.D. League.

Hockey

Quadrangular League Championship was won by Harvard.

Polo

Harvard was victor in Intercollegiate League.

Rowing

Harvard wins in Harvard-Yale Varsity Race.

Squash Racquets

Germaine G. Glidden '36 was winner of National Amateur Singles, holder of the Intercollegiate Title, and winner of Gold Racquet Award.

Squash Tennis

Harvard was victor of the Class B Metropolitan Team Title.

Swimming

Charles G. Hutter, Jr. '38 became holder of the 100 yard free-style National Collegiate A. A. Championship.

Track and Field

Milton G. Green 1G.B. was holder of Running Broad Jump Intercollegiate 4A Outdoor Championship, and also holder of 50 Metres High Hurdles Intercollegiate 4A Indoor Championship