12 AMERICAN ARTISTS FIGURE IN SHOW HERE

SECOND NATIONWIDE SHOW LASTS TO JANUARY 20

An exhibit of reproductions of works of twelve American painters, selected by Living American Art, Inc., of New York City, and now being shown at 300 points throughout the United States, opened today at Robinson Hall.

The display, in charge of Joseph Hudnut, Dean of the Faculty of Design, will continue until January 20, and includes works of Charles Sheeler, Isabel Bishop, Alexander Brook, John Marin, Franklin Watkins Georgia O'Keefe, Louis M. Eilshemius, Niles Spencer, Emil Ganso, Thomas Donnelly, Lucile Branch, and George A. Picken.

This is the second nationwide exhibit in a program inaugurated two months ago by the New York organization for the Wide-spread distribution of fine works by living American painters. The group plans to select 48 pictures a year for large scale reproduction by the "collotype" process, endorsed by experts as the best now known. Royalties from the sale of the prints are paid to the artists themselves regardless of the ownership of the original, providing the painters with an entirely new source of income.

The group's first exhibit was shown in 225 cities in 46 states and was visited by over a half million people.

The Jury which selects the pictures for reproduction includes three well known artists, Louis Bouche, Alexander Brook, and Adolf Denn, and Professor Hughes Mearns of New York University