Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

The Music Box

Coming Week Offers a Variety Of Interesting Musical Entertainment

The Boston Symphony Orchestra is on tour this week and so the city's chief musical adornment will not he heard until Friday the fourteenth when Dmitri Mitropoules is to be the guest conductor. However, this does not mean that there is a dearth a concerts. On the contrary, there are no less than nine musical events in Boston and Cambridge in the ensuing week.

The familiar State Symphony Orchestra (Federal Music Project) is to play in sanders Theatre this evening at 8:15. Among the works to be performed are Randall Thompson's Second Symphony and Bruch's Violin Concerto in E minor. The Federal Music Project is also giving Horatio W. Parker's oratorio, "Hora Novissima," in Jordan Hall on Friday evening.

Also in the choral line are the two concerts by the oft-heard and ever popular Vienna Choir Boys, on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. This unusual group not only sings sacred pieces, folk songs, and the like, but also gives one-act operettas in costume with all appropriate acting and staging.

Chamber Music Concert

On Tuesday evening in Jordan Hall, the new chamber music group organized by Bernard Zighera is to give its second concert. The remarkable program opens with Haydn's "La Reine" Symphony and continues with a Concerto for Strings written by the modern composer Jereszy Fitelberg. Bartlett and Robertson, two piano artists, are to play Bach's Concerto in C minor and Mozart's Concerto in E flat, and the concert concludes with d'Indy's Concerto for piano,l flute, cello, and string orchestra. This promises to be a very unusual and worth-while evening.

On Tuesday night in the Memorial Church at 8:15, an organ recital will be given by Mr. E. Power Biggs. He will play works of Liszt, Franck, Schumann, and Reubke.