House News

Leverett, Eliot Beat Dunster, Winthrop in Games Yesterday

Leverett and Eliot grid teams fought to victory in close contests with the Dunster and Winthrop aggregations yesterday. The Rabbits ran up the largest score of the two, defeating their Pioneer opponents 13-0, while the Elephants nosed out the Puritans 6-0.

95 Yard March By Leverett

Soon after the opening whistle, Leverett's Rick Rabenold climaxed a 95 yard march by going over for the first score of the game. Heywood's try for the extra point was blocked. A second chance at a score was missed shortly after when Leverett fumbled in the shadow of the goal posts.

In the third quarter Bud Tenney took Rabenold's long pass and raced to Dunster's 5 yard line. Two plays later Bill Spang punched over the second score and then slashed his way off tackle for the point.

Here the Dunsterites stiffened their attack and made a sustained drive through the air which got them two first downs. The Bunnies rallied, however, and the Rabenold-Tenney pass combination went clicking down the field again, time stalling off a score.

Hindle's Spectacular Passing

Early in the first period Weller of Winthrop got off an excellent punt, while Hindle, playing quarter, did some ground-gaining passing. At the quarter the ball was squarely in the middle of the field.

Eliot's Trope kicked over the Winthrop goal line and the Puritan's returned it to the 20-yard stripe. Win- throp fumbling marred the third period.

Two first downs in the last period followed by a pass brought about Eliot's winning tally. The lineups were:

WINTHROP  ELIOTBaumgarten, r.e.  r.e., Schutzerf.b., Harris  f.b., ReidGilliland, g.  g., PrarioPeters, c.  c., Batchelderg., Moore  g., Haddinf., Cole  f., Uhleine., Magraine  e., Hunsakerq., Hindle  q., Levinh., Peden  h., Oatesh., Blanchard  h., Whitef., Booth  f., Trop