SANDERS SPEAKS ABOUT RELIGION AS A LAYMAN

Second in Series of Lecturers Says Abolishing Prejudices Would End Business Conflicts

Speaking from the layman's point of view, Thomas H. Sanders, professor of Accounting at the Business School, last night presented in Harvard Hall the second in a series of lectures on Christianity.

Professor Sanders claimed at the start that he was no authority on the subject of "Practical Problems of Personal Christianity." He proceeded to discuss the foundations of physical and moral beliefs, explaining that the latter originated in the Old Testament.

After quoting Dean Swift, he compared his approach to the "intuition of great business men" in making judgments. He argued that although President Lowell believed a "conflict of principles," existed in business, there was no need for one, and that it could be settled by abolishing prejudice.

Taking up the instance of labor surplus, he showed that whereas laborers felt any surplus should be divided among themselves, the stockholders and directors of a business must be considered.

He ended his lecture by urging that, since the world had the right vision of moral belief, "the next step is to follow it."

Sanders's lecturer is the second in a series entitled the "Outlines of Christianity" and sponsored by Phillips Brooks House together with Cambridge churches. A third lecture will be offered next Thursday evening at 7:30 oclock.