FOGG'S FRIEND MOVES ON

Felix M. Warburg was a close and valued friend of Harvard, and his death removes a hand that has supported the University with liberality, modesty, and intelligence for a quarter century. It is estimated that his gifts toward the Music Building, the Education School Endowment, and the new Fogg Museum totaled over a million dollars, and marked him as one of the most generous of Harvard's non-alumnus benefactors.

To the University officers, and especially to the Fogg Museum, however, Mr. Warburg's financial help has been the small part of his generosity. His was the princely manner of giving that seeks no glory, but only the satisfaction of intelligent giving. There are few tablets in the Fogg Museum reminding visitors that this or that object was the "Gift of Felix Warburg," but if it were not for him the museum would probably not be there. His gifts were ready as they were needed, to pay a salary or expenses, to support and expedition, or make a timely purchase. And always his vast store of experience and wisdom was at Harvard's call.

His death ends a happy association, which typifies all that is best in the spirit of American philanthropy.