BOOTERS MEET BIG GREEN HERE TODAY

TENTATIVE SHAKEUP IN VARSITY FORWARD WALL

By Morris Earle

Expecting to make quite a point of wiping out some old scores, the Varsity soccer team meets Dartmouth at 2:30 o'clock here today in what must certainly be an objective game for the Crimson forces.

Last year the Green administered a sound beating to the home forces, and as if it weren't enough to make victory extra important today, Harvard has already suffered a loss in 1937 League competition, that being 2-1 to Amherst last Saturday.

Locals Lack Speed

If the locals do win this afternoon, it's likely to be through prosecution of some new guile. Lack of speed in the forward line and injuries to key defenser men have already proved that the traditional Harvard winning game of "all out, and everybody down the field till we fire it in" may not go this season.

Speed Versus Weight

Careful organization and quick execution may turn the trick today as the Big Green, if they play their usual game, seek to bundle up the opposition with a bonecrushing body attack.

In practice this week Crimson Coach Jack Carr has tentatively shaken up his forward wall. Jo Johansen, speedy right wing, may make his first appearance at inside in place of the slower Jimmy Rousmaniere, leaving Gordon Halstead to take over at outside.

On the left, Howie Mendel may come in from the wing to let the offense make better use of his hard shot and at the same time give Arthur Page, a speedy forward, a place on the starting line at left outside.

For the defense, Robin Scully, a Sophomore is scheduled to see service with the halfbacks, while Goese Gosline, a Senior, gets his first starting assignment at fullback in place of the injured Joe Bradley.

Yardlings Booters Face Green

Also on the Business School Field this afternoon, the Crimson and Green Freshmen clash in a 2:30 o'clock game. On their records the teams stand about even with a slight edge to the home team which has defeated Exeter 1-0, while the Green settled for a tie.

The Lineups

The probable Harvard lineups: Varsity: g., Williams; r.f., Gosline; l.f., Robie; r.h.b., Jacobson; c.h., Scott; l.h., Phillips; r.o., Johansen; r.i., Rousmanere; c., Harnden; l.i., Motley; l.e., Mendel.

Freshmen: g., Hanford; r.f., Davidge; l.f., Oresman; r.h., Morse; c.h., Schafer; l.h., Edgar; r.o., Ives; r.i., Grinberg; c., Eaton; l.i., Willetts; l.c., Burwell.