Wild Will Speak In Fourth Lecture On Christianity

Assistant Professor To Explain Philosophies Which Started Christianity

As the fourth speaker in a series of lectures on the "Outlines of Christianity," John D. Wild, assistant professor of Philosophy, will speak tonight on the subject, "Philosophy and Christianity," in Emerson D at 7.30 o'clock.

Wild, who is an authority on Saint Thomas, Saint Augustus, Plato and Aristotle will stress the philosophies on which Christianity was established, denying the existence of a Christian Philosophy in itself.

Designed as an elementary, non-technical course, this group of lectures is being carried out in accordance with President Conant's recommendation for extracurricular opportunities for extracurricular opportunities for undergraduates to obtain valuable cultural knowledge.

Following is the schedule for the first half year:

October 28--"Christian Theology." John D. Wild, assistant professor of Philosophy.

November 4--"Christian Philosophy." Assistant Professor Wild.

November 11--"The Old Testament." Edwin P. Booth, professor of Historical Theology at Boston University.

November 18--"The New Testament." Norman B. Nash, Paine Professor of Christian Social Ethics in the Episcopal Theological School.

December 3--"The Christian Ethic for the Individual." Angus Dun, professor of Systematic Divinity in the Episcopal Theological School.

December 10--"The Christian Ethic for the World." Carl J. Friedrich, professor of Government.

December 17--"The Christian Church--Foundation of Civilization," William E. Hocking, Alford Professor of Philosophy.