HELEN HAYES TO GIVE HELP FROM SIDELINES

Star Will Be On Hand at Cricket Match Thursday Between "Victoria" Cast And Dramatic Club

Headed by Helen Hayes, though she intends to be no more than a side-liner, the cast of "Victoria Regina" has challenged the Dramatic Club to a cricket match, and the actors have accepted the offer.

Action takes place at the Metropolitan Cricket Club of Newton Center at 3 o'clock Thursday afternoon. A gallery would be appreciated.

Unless they can ring in a few home run hitters for the afternoon, the Crimson players don't expect too much. They are facing strong opposition, led by Disraeli, Abraham Sofaer, a spin bowler of recognized ability, who packs his cricket utensils with him when he travels with his company.

British Consulate members and officers of the H. M. S. Dundee also will find room with the Reginas for the affair, a post-luncheon engagement, after both sides have had the noonday meal on the Dramatic Club at the Viking.

For the Harvards, whom their coaches styled a green team last night, S. Roger Sheppard '40 and John L. Grofit Sp. are expected to star, both being possessors of considerable previous experience.

Other players include James D. Light-body, Jr. '40 and a trio of Graduate students, G. Gladstone, J. Raymont, and R. S. Smith. The whole club feels badly about the desertion to the opposition of Francis Hart '24, an old director of H. D. shows.