UNIVERSITY KEEPS UP OFFICE SPACE DRIVE

Scholarship Committee Will Set Up Quarters in the Attic Over Faculty Room

With internal construction proceeding rapidly on the fifth floor, University Hall is about to give birth to some more office space.

In what was formerly attic storage, over the Faculty Room and adjacent up a half flight of stairs to the Freshman Dean and the Graduate School offices, will shortly arise the new quarters of the Scholarship Committee.

Carpenters and painters have been sawing, hammering, and laying on. Raisers and lowerers of the Maintenance Department have been passing things through dormer windows.

When it is all done, Henry Chauncey '28, assistant dean, may become one of the very busiest men in College, being forced to divide his time between his regular office in the second floor Deanery and the new one on the fifth floor over which he will be in charge.

With the construction completed, almost every available inch of University Hall goes into utilization. Further search for office space must entail addition of a new story or digging a cellar and breaking up the Faculty Room which occupies the third and fourth floor in the middle sector.